Welcome to the Hackney branch of the Women's Equality Party.
We'd love you to join us! Sign up is further down the page.
About WE Hackney
We’re one of the original WE branches, and still a strong force in the party. Whether you’re a seasoned campaigner, new to politics or looking for a way to help bring equality to Hackney, please join us!
- Volunteer with us – WE wouldn't be able to do this without you. Tick "I have a skill which I would be willing to share" below, or drop us a line on firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Join us for our next monthly meet up and meet your local community of feminist activists! All are welcome.
- Like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter to keep up to date with everything that's happening - we will also keep in touch via a regular email newsletter.
What's happening in WE Hackney?
- Local elections: Hackney is getting its first ever chance to vote for a Women's Equality Party candidate in the upcoming local elections. We are proud to have Harini Iyengar stand for Councillor in the Dalston Ward and are busy canvassing - if you'd like to get involved, please email us. No experience necessary!
- Special education cuts: the funding for special education is under threat in Hackney and we have been supporting the Hackney Special Education Crisis group in their campaign seeking to stop the council-proposed cuts. You can read Hackney Gazette's write up of the most recent protest, the Torchlight Rally, here, and keep up with the campaign here.