Nominations open for Leadership Election

Nominations open for Leadership Election

Nominations open for Leadership Election

Party members have until 24 January to put their name forward.

Published 5th January 2018

 

Nominations have opened today for the Women’s Equality Party Leadership Election.

Party members have until 24 January to put their names forward and collect the signatures needed to stand in the election.

Notice of Election was published by the Steering Committee on 18 December, following a decision by Party Conference to hold the first Leadership Election since the party's creation.

Voting will take place from 14 February to 6 March, with the Leader to be announced on 8 March.

The Leader will be elected by the Party members, whose votes will count for 90% of the total. People who registered as supporters before 18 December can also vote, and this vote will form the remaining 10%. To vote as a member, join the Women’s Equality Party before 1 February.

 

A spokesperson for the Women’s Equality Party said:

“Members and supporters run the Women’s Equality Party; they choose the spokespeople, the policies and the leader.

“To have a say on who leads the party at this crucial time for women’s fight for equality, join the Party before 1 February.

“This is your chance to get involved in a diverse, new and exciting political party. Our members are working in every part of the UK to deliver change – because equality is better for everyone.”

 

Full details of the leadership contest, including a timetable, are published here: https://pre.ukevote.uk/we/

 

  
        
  

© Copyright Women's Equality Party. All rights reserved
Published and promoted by Hannah Peaker on behalf of the Women's Equality Party
at Studio 18, Blue Lion Place, 237 Long Lane, London, SE1 4PU.

Contact, Terms, Cookies, Privacy

Created with NationBuilder  |   Log in