WE are delighted to announce that WE will be marching together with Sisters of Frida on Saturday. It is our intention that as far as possible those with access needs are able to march together with our block.
WE will have volunteers ready to support people with access needs on the day
In order for your day to run as smoothly as possible, we offer you some additional information:
Preparing for the march
- When you're packing your essentials and making travel arrangements, plan for delays
- Make sure you have your essentials, for example: wheelchair charger, inhaler, insulin, medication
- If you may need support from the WE team during the march leave feedback in the box below, giving contact details
- Check back here after Friday lunchtime to take a note of our dedicated support number
Getting there and getting away
- Roads will be closed from noon to 17:00, so we suggest that you plan for delays if you are expecting to rely on buses or taxis
- If you are traveling by tube please be advised that Green Park is the only nearby station that is fully accessible. If buses are off this may mean you need to make your own way to Green Park tube station, which is slightly under a mile from Trafalgar Square
- Please note that the Jubilee line will be closed on the day
Buses (likely to be disrupted between 12noon and 5pm)
- To reach Grosvenor Square (stops along Oxford Street near Bond Street Station): 6,7,10,13,23,73,94,98,137,139,159,189,390
- To reach Park Lane: 2,10,16,36,73,74,82,137,148,414,436
- To reach Green Park (stops along Piccadilly): C2,9,14,19,22,38
At the start
WE volunteers will be located at both drop-off points and can help guide you to the starting points, and we will also have a volunteer who can accompany you on the shorter march route if you wish
If you think you might need support, please make yourself known to a WE volunteer before the start. We will be wearing a WE logo card on a lanyard so that you can identify us
During the march
Our volunteers on hand to help if you need any support and people at the back of our block looking out for anyone who needs some help
If you would like someone to buddy you on the march, just let us know.
Do you have a disability which means you're unable to march on Saturday?
Join the Virtual March to march with us online. We will also be livestreaming on the day. You can follow us on twitter @WEP_UK and on Facebook here. You can also follow Sisters of Frida on twitter here.
Marchers taking the shorter route from Pall Mall
There is a shorter route joining the march from Pall Mall, and you are welcome to join the WE/Sisters of Frida block from this point. There will be a WE/Sisters of Frida point person at Pall Mall with a banner. The organisers have let us know that there are drop off points for people joining the march on Pall Mall from the north, at the bottom of Regent Street; from the south, Waterloo Place. There will be access stewards with green placards here. It is recommended that you arrive by 1.20pm to join the procession.
WE looking forward to marching with you!