Demand that your MP champions the rights of women and girls.
- Follow this link to find and contact your MP.
- Use the template copy below to send to your MP.
- Edit the email to include your MP's name and your name, and to include any additional comments.
Dear [INSERT MP’s NAME] MP,
I am writing to ask you to champion the rights of women and girls in Afghanistan.
The UK must take responsibility for our catastrophic role in causing and worsening conflict in Afghanistan. We must not abandon its people again.
We have a responsibility to women and girls in Afghanistan, and to all Afghan refugees to grant those who wish to leave with safe routes to the UK and to use our influence to champion the rights of women in the country.
Please urge the Government to:
- Grant immediate refugee status for all Afghan asylum seekers currently in the UK.
- Provide safe routes to refugee status for those fleeing the crisis, especially the Afghan women and girls facing misogynistic violence and persecution.
- Reduce the barriers for those already in the UK to settle their families here and to support family reunification.
- Make a serious, long term commitment to use our influence to defend the rights of the women and girls of Afghanistan.
You have the power to send a clear message to the Government that Parliament will not allow them to abandon Afghan people, please do your part to ensure their rights dominate the debate tomorrow.