Deadline: Monday April 24th 2023, 12pm
The Women’s Equality Party is seeking a Campaigns Officer who will support the party’s grassroots activists and candidates to mobilise, increase their influence and deliver innovative campaigns. This role will be instrumental in growing the power of our local teams, and transforming our ability to shape the political agenda.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and energetic self-starter who cares passionately about social justice and ensuring that women’s voices are heard in politics. The role will be a central part of the campaigns team, and you will work to support the development and delivery of impactful and creative national and local campaigns that you can be proud of.
- Supporting and engaging with activists, candidates and volunteer teams - Helping our movement to build power, and deliver compelling campaigns and elections. Including one to one calls, meetings, ad hoc support and maintaining guidance.
- Training, mentoring and building relationships - Empowering our movement by assisting with the development and delivery of online and in person training, facilitating skill sharing and providing ongoing coaching.
- Administering effective systems - Using our databases to track, support and manage volunteer teams
- Writing engaging and inspiring content - Working with the communications coordinator to draft compelling emails, calls to action and social media content. Contributing to creative discussions to generate powerful content ideas and campaign actions
- Delivering change - Working with the Head of Campaigns, activists and candidates to deliver impactful campaigns and elections. Contributing to strategic discussions, monitoring progress against campaign objectives, delivering campaign events including canvassing and phonebanks.
- Actions and protests - Working with activists and candidates to deliver protests, actions which accelerate progress towards equality
Full details are set out in the job description:
*If you require the job description in a format that isn't available please let us know by emailing [email protected]
To apply for this role:
Please submit an up-to-date CV and cover letter (no more than one A4 page) that clearly demonstrates how you meet the person specification and why you want to work for the Women’s Equality Party, to [email protected] alongside an optional equal opportunities monitoring form to [email protected] by no later than noon on Monday April 24th 2023. Applications will not be accepted after this time.
Interviews will be held in-person on May 12th, and will include a task.
We are an intersectional feminist organisation and for us that means both our goals, and our approach to achieving them, have to be informed by an understanding of the different ways that inequalities manifest for women. We strive for this by constantly challenging ourselves, and by working to make our movement and campaigns as diverse and inclusive as possible.
We stand against all forms of discrimination. We are committed to being an anti-racist, LGBT+ inclusive organisation and believe in a social model of disability. We particularly encourage applications from Disabled people and Global Ethnic Majority people, who are underrepresented at this level.