Welcome to the Hackney branch of the Women's Equality Party.
About Women's Equality Party Hackney
We’re one of the original WE branches, and still a strong force in the party. Whether you’re a seasoned campaigner, new to politics or looking for a way to help bring equality to Hackney, we'd love you to join us! Sign up is further down the page.
How to get involved
- Join us for our next event - See our dates below!
- Come and join us at our branch meetings. These have changed a little and are now the first Tuesday of the month 7-9pm or the first Saturday of the month 2-4pm, on alternate months. The next meeting will be Saturday 4th May 2-4pm. See below to join our mailing list and we'll remind you of upcoming meetings. We always welcome new faces and no experience is necessary!
- Volunteer with us – WE wouldn't be able to do this without you. Tick "I have a skill which I would be willing to share" below.
- Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter to keep up to date with everything that's happening - we will also keep in touch via a regular email newsletter.
What's happening in Hackney?
Vote for the Women's Equality Party in the EU elections. Help us to not to build barriers but to BREAK them, not just to remain but to ADVANCE. Read the WEP EU Manifesto here.
I'm a feminist but... Panel Discussion - 5th June 2019
As per the famous saying from the Guilty Feminist podcast, Hackney Women's Equality Party will be gathering an amazing group of experts to help us discuss and find answers to some of today's leading questions on what it's like being a feminist in the modern world. Buy tickets for the event here and check out the details on Facebook.
Save the dates:
- Tuesday 4 June - Women's Equality Hackney Monthly Meeting
- Wednesday 5 June - I'm A Feminist But... Panel Discussion
- Sat/Sun 15 16 June - London GLA Bootcamp 2020
What's been happening in Hackney?
- May --> EU Elections Canvassing Vote for the WEP in the EU elections * Don't get angry get Equal * See our EU elections manifesto here.
- May --> WEP Hackney held our first book club. We tackled Mary Beard's 'Women and Power: A Manifesto'. Watch out for the next book club and email us with any suggestions!
- April --> Canvassing in Hove The Hackney team have been busy canvassing in Hove for the amazing candidate for council, Jessie Macneil-Brown. If you would like to help us canvass let us know -- no experience necessary!
- February --> GLA Planning We have been busy signing up candidates for the Greater London Authority 2020 and we are be shortlisting candidates in March. Find out more about the Women's Equality Party plans for the GLA and our candidates here.