Welcome to the Hackney branch of the Women's Equality Party.
About Women's Equality Party Hackney
We’re one of the original WE branches, and still a strong force in the party. Whether you’re a seasoned campaigner, new to politics or looking for a way to help bring equality to Hackney, we'd love you to join us! Sign up is further down the page.
How to get involved
- Join us at our next fundraiser. BOOK HERE and see below for details.
- Come and join us at our branch meetings. These have changed a little and are now the first Tuesday of the month 7-9pm or the first Saturday of the month 2-4pm, on alternate months. The next meeting will be Saturday 2nd March 2-4pm. See below to join our mailing list and we'll remind you of upcoming meetings. We always welcome new faces and no experience is necessary!
- Volunteer with us – WE wouldn't be able to do this without you. Tick "I have a skill which I would be willing to share" below, or drop us a line on firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Send us an email at email@example.com
- Like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter to keep up to date with everything that's happening - we will also keep in touch via a regular email newsletter.
What's happening in Hackney?
'The Help' Film Screening
Join us to watch the award-winning film 'The Help'! We will start at 7pm with an introduction about the film and it's relation to white vs black women's experiences in the American 1960's south. After the film, we will have a 30 minute discussion on its relevance to women's lived experiences today.
When: Tuesday, 26th March @ 7pm
A beautiful Mother's Day gift
Fed up of chocolates and flowers? Give the gift of equality this Mother's Day
Step one: Donate here
Step Two: Print or email our voucher below. Right click and save, or left click and copy.
Don't forget to tell your friends!
Upcoming meeting dates:
- Tuesday 2 April
- Saturday 4 May
- Tuesday 4 June
What's been happening in Hackney?
- February --> GLA Planning We have been busy signing up candidates for the Greater London Authority 2020 and we are be shortlisting candidates in March. Find out more about the Women's Equality Party plans for the GLA and our candidates here.
- January --> Feminist Pub Quiz We raised over £400 and had a lot of fun at our January pub quiz fundraiser. Thank you to The Prince for hosting us and to all the wonderful shops, restaurants, bars and salons that donated prizes to our raffle.