Welcome to the Hackney branch of the Women's Equality Party.
About Women's Equality Party Hackney
We’re one of the original WE branches, and still a strong force in the party. Whether you’re a seasoned campaigner, new to politics or looking for a way to help bring equality to Hackney, we'd love you to join us! Sign up is further down the page.
How to get involved
- Join us for our next events - See our dates below!
- Come and join us at our branch meetings. These are the first Tuesday of the month 7-9pm. Join our mailing list and we'll remind you of upcoming meetings. We always welcome new faces and no experience is necessary!
- Our branch election is 4th November. We welcome everyone to stand to work with us to run the Hackney branch! Read all about it and RSVP here.
- Volunteer with us – WE wouldn't be able to do this without you. Tick "I have a skill which I would be willing to share" below.
- Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter to keep up to date with everything that's happening - we will also keep in touch via a regular email newsletter.
What's happening in Hackney?
Fundraising - Did you know it costs £500 to run a local candidate? Join us for...
IS CLIMATE CHANGE A FEMINIST ISSUE? @ St Peter De Beauvoir
Come and join us for this feminism and climate change panel event with an incredible line-up of speakers on Monday 28th October at St Peter De Beauvoir, N1 4DA. We'll be asking all the hard (and interesting!) questions on whether and why climate change is a feminist issue. More information and tickets here.
What's been happening in Hackney?
- September --> Pints & Politics A night of discussion and good company - it was great to see some new faces and we are grateful to all those shops who donated such great prizes.
- August --> WEP Hackney Summer Picnic Thank you to everyone who joined us for our Summer Picnic! We loved chatting to you and are excited to welcome new volunteers! If you would like to volunteer with us in any way please contact us and let us know!
- July --> Black Pride in Hackney WE celebrated the most inclusive Pride event in the UK run entirely by volunteers from the communities represented. WE had a great time and hope to see you all there next year!
- June --> I'm A Feminist But...Panel Discussion WE had a great panel discussion with an active audience where we discussed being a feminist and what it means in everyday life.