Welcome to the Hackney Branch of the Women's Equality Party
The Hackney branch of the Women's Equality Party is committed to creating change and gender equality in our borough.
While our face-to-face meetings are currently on hold due to Coronavirus, WEP Hackney are actively supporting our community and championing women's rights during this difficult time.
Upcoming Event - January Hackney Branch Meeting - Tues 12 January @ 7-8:30 PM: This event will take place on Zoom with special guest from the WEP Disability Caucus. RSVP & REGISTER HERE.
<< JOIN US IN SUPPORTING SISTAH SPACE >>
There has been an alarming rise in domestic abuse during lockdown, and it’s pushing the already overstretched support services to breaking point. It’s making an already difficult situation even more desperate for many women in our community.
At WEP Hackney, we’re calling on Hackney Council to guarantee that women will receive the support they need during lockdown. This includes protecting and extending domestic abuse support services during lockdown, and expanding the use of domestic violence protection orders (DVPOs).
See our full letter to the Council HERE.
WE need your support to amplify our messages and ensure all women get the support they need. Here are three easy ways to support the campaign:
- Sign and share WEP’s petition letter to Boris Johnson
- Retweet our messages to Hackney MPs, Diane Abbott and Meg Hillier
- Tweet your Hackney MPs, Diane Abbott (@HackneyAbbott) and Meg Hillier (@Meg_HillierMP), with this message:
No one should be locked in with an abuser. @YOURMPSHANDLE will you pledge to support emergency funding for specialist services & an expansion of DVPOs to cover #CoronavirusLockdownUK in #Hackney?
Get in touch with us: Whether you're interested in an event, becoming a Hackney branch member, volunteering with us, or just want to hear more about what WE do, WE would love to hear from you!
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sign-up below to get email updates on what WE are doing in Hackney, and check out the events page and other ways to get involved.
- Follow us on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.
WE look forward to hearing from you!