Welcome to the Hackney branch of the Women's Equality Party.
About Women's Equality Party Hackney
We’re one of the original WE branches, and still a strong force in the party. Whether you’re a seasoned campaigner, new to politics or looking for a way to help bring equality to Hackney, we'd love you to join us! Sign up is further down the page.
How to get involved
- Join us for our next event - See our dates below!
- Come and join us at our branch meetings. These are the first Tuesday of the month 7-9pm. RSVP for the September and October meetings here. Join our mailing list and we'll remind you of upcoming meetings. We always welcome new faces and no experience is necessary!
- Volunteer with us – WE wouldn't be able to do this without you. Tick "I have a skill which I would be willing to share" below.
- Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter to keep up to date with everything that's happening - we will also keep in touch via a regular email newsletter.
What's happening in Hackney?
Book Club -- We Should All Be Feminists Join us on Saturday 31st August for an informal book club talking about Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie short book. Everyone is welcome. RSVP here.
PINTS & POLITICS @ The Prince, Stoke Newington
Join us for a night of Pints & Politics on Thursday 26th September. In these unpredictable times we will be chatting about all things politics and feminism and invite you to join us. We will also have a raffle with exciting prizes including a wine tasting for two - RSVP to the event here and buy your ticket in advance here!
Feminism and Climate Change Panel
Join an incredible panel of speakers on Monday 28th October @ St Peter, De Beauvoir, N1 4DA in discussing climate change and feminism.
Get to know us at summer stalls every weekend for the next two months. We will be set up in various locations in Hackney every weekend and hope to hear from you! Join us in giving out leaflets, sharing why feminism is important to you or just say hi and get to know us! Find us at:
31 August 11am-2pm -- Stoke Newington Farmers Market
7 September 11am-2pm -- Mare Street
14 September 11am-2pm -- Dalston
What's been happening in Hackney?
- August --> WEP Hackney Summer Picnic Thank you to everyone who joined us for our Summer Picnic! We loved chatting to you and are excited to welcome new volunteers! If you would like to volunteer with us in any way please contact us and let us know!
- July --> Black Pride in Hackney WE celebrated the most inclusive Pride event in the UK run entirely by volunteers from the communities represented. WE had a great time and hope to see you all there next year!
- June --> I'm A Feminist But...Panel Discussion WE had a great panel discussion with an active audience where we discussed being a feminist and what it means in everyday life.
- May --> EU Elections Canvassing Vote for the WEP in the EU elections * Don't get angry get Equal * See our EU elections manifesto here.