- Community Led Housing - a Feminist Solution - Tues 14 July @ 7-8:30 PM: Hosted by the Women’s Equality Party Hackney, this online event will take a look at the history of community led housing in the UK with a focus on women’s co-housing. RSVP & REGISTER HERE.
WE look forward to seeing you there!
What's been happening in Hackney?
- June 2020 - The Dual Pandemic: Preventing & Responding to Domestic Abuse in Lockdown: This online panel event brought together frontline organisations to discuss the increase of domestic abuse during lockdown in Hackney and what is needed to address it.
- May 2020 - She's On the Money Seminar: Lisa Conway-Hughes, leading financial planner, author of “Money Lessons: How to manage your finances to get the life you want”, blogger and co-host of podcast “She’s On The Money” ran a seminar to learn about money and financial planning.
- May 2020 - Virtual feminist book club: WE discussed Amy Beashel's 'The Sky is Mine', and were lucky to be joined by the author herself.
- April 2020 - Virtual coffee chat: A casual catch-up with our members, supporters and volunteers to stay connected and engaged during lockdown.
- March 2020 - Feminist Film Night: Due to Coronavirus, this event is now postponed to later in the year.
- January - March 2020: Campaigning for the London General Assembly. Canvassing, leafletting and campaigning across Hackney to support the election of WEP candidates, including two from Hackney. N.B: Due to the Coronavirus, the GLA is now postponed until May 2021.
- December 2019 - Clissold Ward By-Election: WE were proud to stand our brilliant candidate, Tabitha Morton, with a strong focus on ending violence against women and girls.
- October 2019 - Is Climate Change a Feminist Issue? Panel Discussion: A fascinating panel discussion with leading experts and activists about the intersections of climate change and feminism. Thank you to everyone who joined us!
- September 2019 - Pints & Politics: A night of discussion and good company - it was great to see some new faces and we are grateful to all those shops who donated such great prizes.
- August 2019 - WEP Hackney Summer Picnic: Thank you to everyone who joined us for our Summer Picnic! We loved chatting to you and are excited to welcome new volunteers! If you would like to volunteer with us in any way please contact us and let us know!
- July 2019 - Black Pride in Hackney: WE celebrated the most inclusive Pride event in the UK run entirely by volunteers from the communities represented. WE had a great time and hope to see you all there next year!
- June 2019 - I'm A Feminist But...Panel Discussion: WE had a great panel discussion with an active audience where we discussed being a feminist and what it means in everyday life.