Some resources to support you that have come on our radar.
General support lines
- WAI - We Are Islington - general helpline for those needing food, medicines, or practical support by Islington Council - 020 7527 8222 (9am-5pm daily)
- Islington Citizens Advice Bureau - free confidential service to Islington residents in relation to welfare benefits, housing, debt, employment and consumer issues - 0344 488 9626
- Help on your doorstep - offers telephone support/ advice and signposting (Connect Service), Monday – Friday 10am-4pm: firstname.lastname@example.org or 020 3931 6080.
Loneliness, isolation, & mental health
- Age UK Islington - 020 7281 6018 (9am-5pm)
- Silverline - 0800 470 8090
- Samaritans UK - 116 123
- Solace: free and confidential support for women and men in Islington affected by domestic abuse. Call 020 3795 5070 or email email@example.com
- Street Link - Concerned about somebody sleeping rough? @Tell_StreetLink on Twitter, call 0300 500 0914 or visit the Street Link website.
Health & Bereavement
- Camden, City, Islington & Westminster Bereavement Service: Camden City Islington Westminster Bereavement Service provide bereavement and loss counselling delivered by counsellors and therapists. Call them on 020 7284 0090
- Healthwatch Islington: Healthwatch Islington is currently running a signposting service, answering people’s questions about local health care services. 0207 832 5814.
Families, children, & young people
- Barnados: A dedicated helpline and webchat support service for Children and their families from Black and Asian backgrounds (BOLOH): 0800 1512605, www.helpline.barnados.org.uk
- Home-start Camden and Islington: provides phone-based parenting support and guidance for families with children under the age of five who are experiencing difficulties or are vulnerable. 020 7424 1603.
- Kooth: An online counselling and emotional well-being platform for children and young people,https://www.kooth.com/