International End Violence Against Women Day is next week. To mark this, on Wed 22nd November the local branch of the Women’s Equality Party is hosting a discussion of campaigns (past and present) to address this in Essex and beyond. We still have one of the highest rates of domestic abuse in the country. How can we join forces to put an end to it?
• Aisha Gill (author of ‘Honour’ Killing and Violence)
• Alison Inman (president of the Chartered Institute of Housing and supporter of Women’s Aid)
• June Freeman (one of the founders of women’s refuges in Essex, and lead on the local history project, ‘You Can’t Beat a Woman’)
• Ilaria Boncori (interviewer on the ‘You Can’t Beat a Woman’ project)
• Chair: Pamela Cox (social historian and BBC documentary presenter)
The event starts at 7pm at Firstsite (Lewis Gardens, off East Hill/High St, Colchester). Open to all.
We look forward to seeing you!
Colchester, Essex CO1 1JH
Google map and directions