Our AGM is a chance for us as a local branch of the Women's Equality Party to look back over the past year and see how much we've achieved, celebrate our successes and start drawing up ambitious plans for the next 12 months.
It's also a chance for members to stand for some of the key roles within the branch. We are looking for passionate, committed people to have a go at:
- (Co-) Chair - taking a lead in running the branch, networking locally, organising meeting and events, leading campaigns, keeping in touch with Central Office
- Vice Chair - assisting Chair with organising meetings and events, attending local networking events, working on campaigns
- Treasurer - looking after our bank account, writing cheques.
- Data Manager - looking after our members and supporters, sending our regular email updates
- Communications Lead - sharing news and campaigns via our social media channels, sending information to the local press, keeping in touch with Central Office.
We'd also love a branch secretary, social media lead and Events Co-ordinator.
If you aren't yet a member of the party, you'll need to join in order to be able to stand for any of the above roles and/or vote at the AGM.
Even if you've never been to a meeting or you just joined last week, we'd love to hear from you. This party is made up of passionate, committed people who want to see full equality in the UK. No direct experience is necessary, you'll get support and training from staff at Central Office.
If you want to find out more about any of the above roles, please don't hesitate to get in touch via email@example.com or message us via our Facebook page.
13 Museum St
Ipswich, Suffolk IP1 1HE
Google map and directions