We are recruiting for a digital campaigns co-ordinator
The Digital Campaigns Co-ordinator will be part of the communications team, under the direction of the Chief of Staff. Line management will be provided by the Head of Communications or any successor to this post
The post holder also works with external contractors under the direction of the Head of Communication.
The post holder will be responsible for being the digital ‘face’ of the organisation. This busy role will help ensure our dynamic communications team engages with target audiences and drives sustainable system change. The role will be specifically focused on developing and implementing a digital communications strategy to complement the Party’s ongoing organisational strategy, increase its profile and income, and support its projects and partnerships.
The post holder will support the Head of Communications and relevant external contractors in all the following areas:
Building online presence
- Supporting the day-to-day running of digital engagement channels across email, web and social media.
- Developing WE’s online presence and engagement in order to increase our supporter base.
- Developing and maintaining our social media channels, meeting or exceeding targets for increasing followers/likes etc.
- Monitoring audience engagement and managing communications with our members via our social media channels.
Managing the Party’s website
- Designing and building new pages on the Party’s website, and managing content on existing pages.
- Day-to-day website operation, ensuring content is up to date and consistent.
- Managing design and look of the Party’s website and ensuring it is consistent across all pages.
- Developing our capacity to maximise Nationbuilder’s functionality.
Designing and executing digital marketing campaigns
- Designing and implementing digital marketing campaigns and appeals, working in collaboration with fundraising and membership teams.
- Working with policy and outreach teams on planned digital media initiatives
- Working with leadership, fundraising and outreach teams on election campaigns for 2016 in Scotland, London and Wales
Developing the Party’s use of digital technology
- Responsible for designing innovative tools to support campaigning
- Responsible for developing innovative ways to raise awareness of and funds for the Party, and to promote our election campaign(s)
- Responsible for engaging new and existing audiences through use of a range of tech solutions, including apps and new SM channels
- Provides shift support as part of WE social media operation
- Contributes to planning and organisation of press events
- Works collaboratively with volunteers, members and branch leaders
- Other functions and tasks to support as required by the Chief of Staff and Head of Communications
£27,000 pro rata per annum, paid in arrears on 25th of each month or on the first working day thereafter.
8 February 2016 or as agreed
TYPE OF EMPLOYMENT
The position offered is a part time one. The normal working hours of this post will be 22.5 per week, at times to be agreed with the Head of Communications. It may require some shift and weekend working.
This post may be suitable for those wishing to work on a job share basis. If you would like to apply on this basis please state so on your application form.
The post is based in our London offices; flexible home-working time can however be arranged in agreement with the Head of Communications and may be necessary on some occasions.
The nature of this post means that there will be a need at times for the post holder to be available at particular locations including but not limited to the offices of the party.
CANDIDATE SPECIFICATION – ESSENTIAL CRITERIA
- Degree or equivalent experience in the digital communications sector.
- Experience of digital communications.
- Ability to be creative and think of innovative ways to reach new audiences.
- Experience of writing digital and offline communications, in particular of utilising social media to grow the Party’s reach.
- Experience of working on own initiative.
- Self-motivating and able to prioritise own workload to meet deadlines.
- Organised, methodical, thorough, with an eye for details.
- Willingness to undertake training and to develop new skills in response to the team’s changing needs.
- Evidence of progressive responsibility in digital communication roles.
- Experience of website design and management.
- Experience of designing and executing digital marketing campaigns.
- Experience of using social media to build audience engagement.
- Commitment to equal opportunities and sympathetic to the aims and values of the Women’s Equality Party and agreement to abide at all times by the #WE code set out in our constitution.
CANDIDATE SPECIFICATION – DESIRABLE CRITERIA
- Experience of working on political digital communications.
- Experience of using Nationbuilder.
- Experience of developing/implementing apps.
- Expertise in all programmes in Adobe’s Creative Suite.
- Experience in HTML coding.
- Experience in shooting and editing videos.
APPLY WITH A CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org