Join us for our first ever Haringey Graffiti Workshop. We will be creating one big feminist artwork together at Leake Street (behind Waterloo Station). Don't worry if you have never used spray paints or created any art. Our branch lead and lovely artist Anja will show you all you need to know on the day. All you need to bring is enthusiasm!
- Workshop price £6 (for materials)
- Limited capacity: please only RSVP if you can definitely make it, as the workshop is limited to 10 spaces.
- Wear comfy clothes you wouldn't mind getting paint on. You usually won't get any on yourself, but it's always good to be cautious.
- Spraying at Leake Street is absolutely legal and it's full of artists and artwork to look at.
- The location is rain save as it is a tunnel. It is however still outside, so wear warm weather appropriate clothes. Due to it being outside it also means that it is well ventilated and therefore saver in terms of COVID.
- Please bring some form of plastic gloves (i.e. disposable, washing up, gardening) as you might get spray paint on your hands.
- Please bring a face covering. We want all attendees to feel safe and comfortable at the event, so you might be required to wear a face mask when we are together as a group. Spraying also releases fine particles and it is better for your own health to wear a face covering while spraying.
- Leake Street is step-free and Waterloo Station has step-free access and accessible toilets (with RADAR key). Please let us know if you have access requirements or any questions around this event.
- We will meet outside Draughts in the Leake Street Arches. You can either get there from either York Road or Lower Marsh, just use the address of this event and if you get lost on the day contact Anja.
We will probably get a coffee or drink on the Southbank afterwards and just have a nice sit down and chat.
This workshop is members only because of the limited capacity, but if you would like to join anyway, please email us and we will see what we can do.
Arch 16 Leake St
London SE1 7NN
Google map and directions