PCC Hustings Event
On 5th May 2016 there will be elections for a Police and Crime Commissioner(PCC) for West Mercia.
Police and Crime Commissioners are responsible for:
- Holding the Chief Constable to account
- Making sure the area has an effective & efficient police force
- Setting police & crime objectives for the force area through a Police & Crime Plan
- Setting the force budget & determining the police's portion of council tax bills (the precept)
- Bringing together community safety & criminal justice partners
- Ensuring local priorities are joined up
- If necessary, appointing or dismissing the Chief Constable
Since 2012 the role of the PCC also includes ensuring services are provided for victims of crime – including services for victims of sexual or domestic violence.
West Mercia Rape and Sexual Abuse Support Centre, West Mercia Women’s Aid, The Women’s Equality Party and Worcester University are bringing the candidates together to answer questions from local VAWG organisations, WE members and the general public about what people in West Mercia want the new Police and Crime Commissioner to understand about Domestic Abuse & Sexual Violence.
Chair - Ruth Jones OBE, Director, National Centre for the Study and Prevention of Violence and Abuse (NCSPVA) University of Worcester
Candidates who will be attending include:
- Barrie Sheldon (Independent)
- John Campion (Conservative)
- Dan Walton (Labour)
- Peter Jewell (UKIP)
This is your chance to make your voice heard and influence the candidates before the election. Come and join us.
St John's Campus (Room EEG089)
Worcester, Worcestershire WR2 6AJ
Google map and directions