Volunteer to join the Policy Committee
Are you frustrated by the Government’s response to the pandemic, passionate about the NHS and social care, and determined to improve health outcomes for all women? Or are you in Wales, passionate about our policies and want to grow our presence and movement in that nation?
If so, bring your enthusiasm and expertise and join us on the Policy Committee.
Check out the role descriptions of the two current Movement Builder opportunities below:
About the opportunities:
You will fill the role on an interim basis until the next Policy Committee elections take place, expected to be in Autumn 2021. You will not have voting rights on the committee, but you will be involved in and able to contribute to the exciting and challenging work of the committee in an election year. This is a unique opportunity to get to know WE better from the inside out and to directly contribute to our growth and success.
The Policy Committee comprises diverse and passionate people who are all committed to making a difference in WE and in the wider world. If you are interested in the topic of equal health or equality in Wales and you want to make a real impact, we’d welcome your expression of interest.
Please send a short statement (of no more than 750 words) sharing:
- Why you’d like to do this role;
- What you can bring to the role (including any relevant experience);
- What you hope to get from the role; and
- Anything else you’d like to share about yourself.
Please remember that experience comes in many different forms. For these roles we value lived experience and passion for the subject and our mission as much as professional experience, so please don’t hesitate to put yourself forward even if you doubt whether you’re the right person for the role or whether you have the “right experience”.
Statements should be sent to: [email protected] by midnight on 15th February 2021.
Expressions of interest will be reviewed “blind” (without names/personal details) by members of the Policy Committee who will create a shortlist. The Steering Committee will make the final decision.
What we’re looking for:
- Your interest in the role. Why does this opportunity excite you?
- A passion for building connections in equality.
- Relevant experience related to the policy areas (this is not a prerequisite).
- A desire to make an impact in this space and set things up for success for the future.
- Availability to get started immediately and to get stuck in.
If you have any questions about the role or the process please contact [email protected]. WE look forward to hearing from you.